Our current project’s outline and guidelines.
General Submissions Guidelines:
Knight Errant Press accepts unsolicited submissions both from unrepresented writers and agents. We are particularly interested in short fiction:
- Short stories
- Novellas and novelettes
- Flash fiction
We also accept novels, poetry, narrative non-fiction, essays and graphic narratives (comics and graphic novels). We are tentative but currently foraying into children’s fiction and are open to YA.
To know more about the kind of writing we are looking for read this.
For works submitted outside of current projects’ guidelines please send us:
- A one page proposal, cover letter or synopsis.
- A sample of writing: up to 7000 words if it’s a novella/ette; three chapters if it’s a novel; three short stories; at least five flash fiction pieces and poems. For graphic work please send us your online portfolio and a sample chapter of the proposed manuscript.
- A brief writing CV (where you’ve been published, if you have been; don’t forget to include links to social media accounts, blogs etc and any other information you think relevant) and a short bio – we want to know more about You.
- Email subject: [Title/Category/Word, line or page count] for example: [Unicorn Babies / Poetry / 14 lines]
- Make sure that 1, 2 and 3 are separate Word files (or a compiled PDF for graphic work) and are marked accordingly.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will it take to receive a response?
Response times will vary. It will depend on how busy we are with our current project. We strive to respond within two weeks of receipt but this can and will depend on our workload as we are a very small team.