Our current project outlines and guidelines.
GENERAL SUBMISSIONS WILL OPEN IN MARCH 2020
General Submissions Guidelines:
Knight Errant Press accepts unsolicited submissions both from unrepresented writers and agents.
We are particularly interested in short form:
- Short stories
- Novellas and novelettes
- Flash fiction
We accept collections, narrative non-fiction, essays and graphic narratives (comics and graphic novels). We are tentative but happy to foray into children’s fiction and YA.
To know more about the kind of writing we are looking for read this.
Submissions outside of current projects’ guidelines should have the following:
- A one page proposal, cover letter or synopsis.
- A sample of writing: up to 7000 words if it’s a novella/ette; three chapters if it’s a novel; three short stories; at least five flash fiction pieces and poems. For graphic work please send us your online portfolio and a sample chapter of the proposed manuscript.
- IMPORTANT: if the material you are submitting has triggering and distressing content, please mention this with a visible warning – we’re not bulletproof.
- A brief writing CV – where you’ve been published, if you have been; include links to social media accounts linked to your writing or/and your public profile, blogs and any other information you think relevant in a short bio – we want to know more about you.
- Email subject: [Category/Title] ex. [Poetry/Unicorn Babies]
- Make sure that 1, 2 and 4 are separate Word or other, text based files; PDF should only be used for graphic work (compile if it is sequential art with more than one page).
- You must be over 16 to submit your work to us. If you are younger than 18 we will require parental consent to publish.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will it take to receive a response?
Response times will vary. It will depend on how busy we are with our current project and our not-book-related lives. We strive to respond within a month of receipt but this can and will depend on our workload as we are a very small team.
P.S It is important to us that both the writing and authors we publish and give platform to are true to their narratives. However, submissions will be assessed at face value. Thus, first and foremost, we want to let your work speak for itself.
We won’t pull wool over your eyes. We will tell you if your work needs improving but we will also ask you to come back and try again.
We will strive to send you all individual, constructive feedback (if you want it). If you have difficulties expressing yourself in written English, are not fluent or have learning difficulties – do not hesitate to submit your work to us.
We will process your submission fairly and give feedback if you request it.
If we choose to publish you, as with everybody else, we will work with you one-on-one to make sure your writing is the best it can be!